Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Delivery

The morning on the day I had Asher felt different.  I felt like I was having sporadic contractions but I just chalked it up to Braxton Hicks since I was only 36 wks pregnant.  I already had a scheduled appointment with my obgyn for my weekly ultrasound and non-stress testing.  I told her that I felt like I was having contractions but she brushed it off.  After failing the ultrasound because Asher wasn't taking practice breaths and failing the non-stress test because his heart rate had no variation I was admitted to the hospital for continued testing. 


After being monitored for what seemed like quite a while it was decided that I needed to be induced.  Before the pitocin could even be started my water broke and there was meconium in my fluid.  Asher's heartbeat went from no variation to dropping.  He was in distress and I could only lay at an uncomfortable angle on my right side for his heartbeat to even out.  I was hoping for natural childbirth but because I couldn't get up and move during contractions I decided to have an epidural.  Asher continued to be in distress and finally the doctor told me that we needed to do an emergency c-section.  I asked him to check to see how far along I was and after finding I was stretchable to 10cm I was able to get Asher out in two pushes.  He came out pink and crying and I was so happy to finally have my beautiful baby boy in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment