Thursday, March 24, 2011

Surgery...Again

We've suspected for a while that Asher has an inguinal hernia.  We've noticed while giving him a bath that the right side of his groin area is getting very large and swollen.  I took him to his second urorolgist appointment on Monday and the doctor told me that it not only looks like a hernia but that his hydrocele has also come back.  Asher had surgery for a hydrocele about a year ago but because the hole was so large it seems like it has reopened.  The doctor said that this is uncommon but it does happen.  The surgery was scheduled for the end of April but the area is staying enlarged for longer periods of time and the doctor thought it would be a good idea to move it up.  I wasn't expecting it to be scheduled so soon (tomorrow) but I'm glad that it's going to be taken care of and I'm hoping that we won't have to go through this again.

Playing with Mom's scarf
On a lighter note...we ordered Asher's Kaye posterior rolling walker yesterday.  I also ordered the blue camo decals to go on it to make it a little more fun.  There weren't a lot of options to choose from.  The rep from the company asked me if my husband is a hunter which I thought was really funny.  I didn't think camo was just for hunters anymore?  Mark asked whether the guy thought he was out hunting smurfs.  Too funny.  We also ordered Asher's new afo's and decided on the jolly roger (skull & crossbones) pattern.  I think they'll be so cute.  I went back and forth a few times on the pattern.  I'm sure the lady at the orthotists office thought I was completely neurotic.  The last time I made Mark call and change it because I was so embarrased.  We should be getting them in about a week.

Asher's current afo's
   


No comments:

Post a Comment